The Importance of Business Processes
The module details why Business Processes are important in an organisation’s strategy.
The module describes how processes help achieve a firm’s goals, and in turn achieve its objectives and deliver its strategy.
The module goes on to describe the consequences of poor designed or implemented business processes.
There are also some examples of important business processes explained in the module.
- Why are business processes important?
- Could you explain how poorly implemented processes may lead to mis-selling of products to customers?
- Why does a process need human-interaction and to what degree?
- Can you explain ‘Know Your Customer’?
- How does a poorly implemented process cause DQ issues?
- Why do firms tend to have a single strategy and not multiple in case it fails?
- What is a business outcome?
- Why do business processes create lots of data?
- Could you give an example of a business process that directly impacts a customer?
- Can you give an example of a poorly defined process leading to more resources and inefficiency?
An Interactive Presentation
10+ Interactive Questions
3 Final Practice Tests – 30 questions over 30 minutes
Final Examination – 60 questions over 30 minutes