CDE Data Ownership
The data ownership module details who owns and who is responsible for critical data elements.
The roles of data owners, stewards, consumer and producers are explained.
The responsibilities and day to day activities of each are also explained in the module.
Learn what CDE data ownership is.
Learn the roles and responsibilities of a data owner.
Learn the roles and responsibilities of a data steward.
Learn the roles and responsibilities of a data producer.
Learn the roles and responsibilities of a data consumer.
Learn the issues around Data Consumers and Producers.
Who is Suitable?
No prior knowledge is required so all Data Practitioners can undertake the course.
As this is a data governance module the content is especially useful for data owners and stewards but would also be useful for a wide spectrum of data roles, including but exclusive to data analysts, data modellers, data architects, and data lineage analysts.
- How does the appointment of data owners and stewards allow the data to be managed?
- How can a disconnect between producers and consumers of data cause issues for the data consumers?
- Could you explain the role of reference and master data owners versus data owners?
- What is the difference between “data owners are accountable” and data stewards are responsible”?
- What does “sponsor any remediation” actually mean?
- What are data quality targets and thresholds?
- Why do data producers not fully understand what the data they produce and maintain is used for?
- What happens if the producers and consumers disagree on where data should be fixed?
- Can the data owner represent all of the data consumers for a CDE?
- Could you give a brief explanation of the roles that Data Owners and Stewards undertake?
An Interactive Presentation
10+ Interactive Questions
3 Final Practice Tests – 30 questions over 30 minutes
Final Examination – 60 questions over 30 questions