CDE Data Standards
The CDE Data Standards module introduces what the Critical Data Elements (CDEs) Data Standard is, and the main components which make it.
It explains key items that the critical data element data standard consists of; such as critical data element term name, definition, synonyms, supporting terms, acronyms and abbreviations etc.
It also explains why the critical data element data standard is useful to the firm.
Learn what a CDE Data Standard is.
Learn why it is important to have a CDE Data Standard.
Understand what ‘CDE Characteristics’ are in a CDE Data Standard.
Understand the key elements in CDE Data Standard including:
- CDE Definition
- Synonyms, Supporting Terms, Acronyms and Abbreviations
- CDE Reference Data
- Data Quality Rules, Targets and Thresholds
- Critical Business Processes
- Data Owners and Stewards
Who is Suitable?
No prior knowledge is required so all future and current Data Practitioners can undertake the course.
As this is a data governance module the content is especially useful for data owners and stewards but would also be useful for a wide spectrum of data roles; including but not exclusive to data analysts, data modellers, data architects and data lineage analysts.
- Why are CDE data standards needed?
- Where is the data standard kept?
- Who creates the CDE Data Standard?
- What is underlying data?
- What does “Supported by refernece data” mean?
- Why is the CDE term not always used in the systems and applications that contain the CDE?
- Can you give an example of two CDEs that would need clear definitions to distinguish between each?
An Interactive Presentation
10+ Interactive Questions
3 Final Practice Tests – 30 questions over 30 minutes
Final Examination – 60 questions over 30 minutes