The module details what CDE metadata contains along with some of the benefits collecting and storing this metadata.
The module expands on the CDE data standard module and adds key terms such as formats and patterns found within the critical data element.
Relationships with other data elements, data lineage and data quality controls are also introduced.
Learn what CDE metadata is.
Learn the several types of CDE metadata.
Understand how CDE metadata is used to help manage data.
Understand how format metadata is used within an organisation.
Understand how relationship metadata is used within an organisation.
Understand how lineage metadata is used within an organisation.
Understand how data quality metadata is used within an organisation.
Understand how data ownership metadata is used within an organisation.
Who is Suitable?
No prior knowledge is required so all Data Practitioners can undertake the course.
As this is a data governance module the content is especially useful for data owners and stewards but would also be useful for a wide spectrum of data roles; including but not exclusive to data analysts, data modellers, data architects and data lineage analysts.
- Why do we need to store metadata for CDEs serarately to the systems the data is actually in?
- Who is the intended audience for CDE metadata?
- It is expensive to record and maintain metadata, what are the benefits?
- Who is responsible for recording and maintaining CDE metadata?
- What is CDE Metadata?
- Could you explain the difference between a data definition and description?
- What is an example of a data relationship or dependency that may be contained in the metadata?
- What is meant by big data opportunities?
- Why is metadata management so important?
An Interactive Presentation
10+ Interactive Questions
3 Final Practice Tests – 30 questions over 30 minutes
Final Examination – 60 questions over 30 minutes