The Importance of Critical Data Elements
The module describes why Critical Data Elements are important to organisations, how the data elements align with goals, strategies and the hierarchical nature of the organisation.
The module explains how Critical Data Elements are linked to the processes of the firm and the consequences of not managing CDEs appropriately.
Learn why CDEs are important.
Learn how CDEs are linked to business processes.
Learn where data sits in a firm’s hierarchy of activities.
Learn how CDEs help support the strategy of the firm.
Learn the issues of not managing CDEs correctly.
Who is Suitable?
Knowledge of What is a Critical Data Element would be advantageous.
As this is a data governance module the content is especially useful for data owners and stewards but would also be a useful for a wide spectrum of data roles; including but not exclusive to data analysts, data modellers, data architects and data lineage analysts.
- What is an ISO or SIC code?
- Can you explain operational and reputational risk?
- Why are Data Elements the building blocks that support the p[rocesses of the firm?
- Can you give an example of a CDE used in multiple processes?
- How does a firm demonstrate it manages data effectively?
An Interactive Presentation
10+ Interactive Questions
3 Final Practice Tests – 30 questions over 30 minutes
Final Examination – 60 questions over 30 minutes