The Importance of Data Governance
The benefits such as saving money, reducing risks and providing clarity to reports and analytics are discussed.
The module then goes on to discuss how each area of data governance is important for effective data management such as, identifying Critical Data Elements (CDEs), business processes, the CDE Data Standard, CDE Data Ownership, CDE Metadata and the data Management Policy (DMP).
Learn why data governance is important.
Learn why Identifying Critical Data Elements is important.
Learn why business processes are important.
Learn why the CDE Data Standard is important.
Learn why CDE Data Ownership is important.
Learn why CDE Metadata is important.
Learn why the Data Management Policy (DMP) is important.
Who is Suitable?
No prior knowledge is required so all Data Practitioners can undertake the course.
As this is a foundations of data management module the content is especially useful poeple who are looking for a steady paced introduction to data management. The module is also very useful for managers who need to know the fundamental information and theories in order to understand data specialists work.
- Why is it important to prioritise CDEs?
- Why do organisations need processes and procedures?
- Why are business processes important?
- Could you explain how poorly implemented processes may lead to misselling of products to customers?
- Why does a process need human-interaction and to what degree?
- What is a business outcome?
- Why must business processes be prioritised?
- Why are CDE data standards needed?
- Why do data producers not fully understand what the data they produce and maintain is used for?
- Why do we need to store metadata for CDEs separately to the systems the data is actually in?
An Interactive Presentation
10+ Interactive Questions
3 Final Practice Tests – 30 questions over 30 minutes
Final Examination – 60 questions over 30 minutes