The Importance of Data Management
The module describes how effective management of datacan bring benefits to the following areas;
- Customer expectations
- External regulations compliance
- Increasing performance
- Competitive advantage
- Increasing efficiency
- Reducing costs
Learn why data management is important.
Learn how effective management of data can improve customer expectations.
Learn how effective management of data can benefit external regulations compliance.
Learn how effective management of data can increase performance.
Learn how effective management of data can increase competitive advantage.
Learn how effective management of data can increase efficiency.
Learn how effective management of data can reduce costs.
Who is Suitable?
No prior knowledge is required so all current and future Data Practitioners can undertake the course.
As this is a foundations of data management module the content is especially useful poeple who are looking for a steady paced introduction to data management. The module is also very useful for managers who need to know the fundamental information and theories in order to understand data specialists work but do not need the information at the most granular level.
- Why is data management training important?
- Why is a data model helpful for business users prior to building a new system?
- Why are we interested in relationships?
- Why is metadata management so important?
- What are the benefits of capturing data lineage?
- Why do DQ rules require significant investment from business experts?
- Why is reference data needed?
- Why is data management no longer thought of as an IT responsibility?
- Why does data need maintaining, to keep quality levels high?
- Why have a data management policy?
An Interactive Presentation
10+ Interactive Questions
3 Final Practice Tests – 30 questions over 30 minutes
Final Examination – 60 questions over 30 minutes