The Data Sourcing module is about getting security and business clearance to move data, getting data sets at the correct times, ensuring data sets are in the correct formats, the storage of data sets and gathering metadata for data sets.
The module explains all of this along with the benefits of sourcing data effectively.
Learn what data sourcing is.
Learn why data sourcing is important.
Learn what the process of data sourcing is.
Understand some of the data security requirements when sourcing data.
Understand some of the data timing requirements when sourcing data.
Understand some of the data format requirements when sourcing data.
Who is Suitable?
No prior knowledge is required so all Data Practitioners can undertake the course.
As this is a data architecture & IT module the content is especially useful for data architects but would also be a useful for a wide spectrum of data roles; including but not exclusive to data owners, data stewards, data modellers, data analysts and data lineage analysts.
- What is data sourcing?
- What are data sourcing requirements?
- Why is it important to know who will be accessing the data, and for what use?
- How does data timing need to be taken into consideration, when sourcing data?
- Why is it important to consider formats, when sourcing data?
- Why is data sourcing often overlooked in projects?
- Why will an analyst need justification to access data?
An Interactive Presentation
10+ Interactive Questions
3 Final Practice Tests – 30 questions over 30 minutes
Final Examination – 60 questions over 30 minutes