The Data Warehouses module provides an explanation of what a data warehouse is, why they are needed and the function they perform.
The pros and cons, and challenges faced within data warehouses are revealed. Leading thinker’s views on data warehousing are also disclosed.
Learn what a data warehouse is and why a data warehouse is made.
Learn how a data warehouse is made.
Learn the benefits and cons of making a data warehouse.
Learn the challenges of making a data warehouse.
Understand Ralph Kimball’s approach to data warehouses and the advantages and disadvantages of it.
Learn what star schemas and snowflake schemas are and the differences between the two.
Understand Bill Inmom’s approach to data warehouses and the advantages and disadvantages of it.
Who is Suitable?
No prior knowledge is required so all Data Practitioners can undertake the course.
As this is a data architecture & IT module the content is especially useful for data architects but would also be a useful for a wide spectrum of data roles; including but not exclusive to data owners, data stewards, data modellers, data analysts and data lineage analysts.
- What is a data warehouse?
- Who is Ralph Kimball, and what is his involvement with data warehouses?
- Who is Bill Inmon, and what is his involvement with data warehouses?
- What are the benefits of using a data warehouse?
- Why is it useful for a data warehouse to hold historical data?
- What are the challenges associated with data warehouses?
An Interactive Presentation
10+ Interactive Questions
3 Final Practice Tests – 30 questions over 30 minutes
Final Examination – 60 questions over 30 minutes