The module covers the processes used in an Extract, Transform and load procedure (ETL). It explains the extract, clean, transform and load procedures as well as detailing real life ETL cycles.
The challenges faced in an ETL routine are also explained in the module.
Learn what ETL is.
Learn what occurs in the extract phase.
Learn what occurs in the clean phase.
Learn what occurs in the transform phase.
Learn what occurs in the load phase.
Understand a typical ETL cycle.
Understand some of the challenges around ETL.
Who is Suitable?
No prior knowledge is required so all Data Practitioners can undertake the course.
As this is a data architecture & IT module the content is especially useful for data architects but would also be a useful for a wide spectrum of data roles; including but not exclusive to data owners, data stewards, data modellers, data analysts and data lineage analysts.
- What does ETL stand for?
- Could you explain the Extract phase of the process?
- Could you explain the Transform phase of the process?
- Could you explain the Load phase of the process?
- What is the Clean phase that is commonly added to the process?
- What are the challenges associated with ETLs?
- On what scale do ETLs take place?
- Are ETLs and data migration synonymous?
- What is a legacy system?
An Interactive Presentation
10+ Interactive Questions
3 Final Practice Tests – 30 questions over 30 minutes
Final Examination – 60 questions over 30 minutes