GDPR – General Awareness
The new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which became enforceable on May 25, 2018, is designed to harmonise data privacy laws across Europe, to protect and empower all EU citizens’ data privacy and to reshape the way organisations approach data privacy.
The GDPR is a significant change in how organisations evidence their compliance with privacy laws and has the potential to impact all business and functional units across all jurisdictions in which your organisation operates.
To address the impacts of GDPR on your organisation, you will need to initiate a program to ensure you are compliant with the GDPR. The program’s aim is to identify and address gaps between GDPR and your organisations existing privacy policies, controls and processes in a manner consistent with a risk-based approach.
- To understand what the General Data Protection Regulation is.
- To understand the key requirements for GDPR.
- To understand the scope of GDPR.
- Learn what data elements are classed as ‘common personal’.
- Learn what data elements are classed as ‘sensitive common personal’.
- Learn who data controllers and processers are.
- To understand the effects GDPR may have on your organisation.
- To understand the effects GDPR may have on different stakeholders within your organisation.
4 hours of learning materials to complete
Valid for 24 Months.
Only £60 inc VAT