Master Data Management
The Master Data Management module discusses the processes and technology involved in creating and maintaining an organisation’s master data.
The module also explains what a data governance board is and how it helps in master data management. The challenges around implementing effective master data management are also discussed.
Learn what master data management is and why it is important.
Learn what a data governance board is and who is on it.
Understand how to prioritise key master data.
Understand how identifying tools is important for master data management.
Understand how master data is maintained.
Learn some of the challenges around implementing effective master data management.
Who is Suitable?
Knowledge of Master Data would be advantageous but not necessarily mandatory.
As this is a data architecture & IT module the content is especially useful for data architects but would also be a useful for a wide spectrum of data roles; including but not exclusive to data owners, data stewards, data modellers, data analysts and data lineage analysts.
- What is entailed in Master Data Management?
- What are the biggest challenges within MDM at the moment?
- How does MDM differ from ‘regular’ data management?
- What is a data governance board, who is likely to be on it, and what is their purpose?
- What are potential consequences of not managing master data properly?
- What needs to be considered when choosing a MDM tool to use?
An Interactive Presentation
10+ Interactive Questions
3 Final Practice Tests – 30 questions over 30 minutes
Final Examination – 60 questions over 30 minutes