Importance of Data Management Training
Organisations have started to realise the importance of managing the huge amounts of data they hold and the benefits that can arise from doing so. Benefits such as increasing performance by exploiting opportunities in Big Data to increasing efficiency and reducing costs by fixing poor quality data.
Also, it now all too common to hear about many organisations having to pay large fines as a consequence for actions such as suffering data breaches or not following the correct regulations around areas such as data privacy etc. These are usually a result of poor practises in place around data management.
The usual response from many organisations to these data management issues has been to spend vast amounts of money on technology in the hope that these issues will simply disappear. But time and time again these organisations are shocked to see the same data issues reappearing in their new systems that were present in their old systems. These issues are not due to the specific products and systems the organisation is using but however due to the people who are using them.
This is why it is imperative for organisations to have effective data management training available for their workforce. Without a culture of effective data management practices imbedded within the organisation they will continue to be plagued by data issues for the foreseeable future.
The amount of data being created by organisations does not look like it will be being reduced any time soon, so why are organisations reluctant to invest comparatively very little on data management training compared to what they are already spending on new products and systems in the false hope of a quick fix to their data issues?
DQM Training is the custom-built training platform built by DQ rule books specifically to deliver data management training to users of all abilities. The training covers the key pillars needed for an in-depth understanding of data management.
Features for your organisation
- Discounted Courses – Significant discounts are available on group and enterprise purchases.
- Create custom courses for your users – With over 60 data management modules for you to choose from, you can create a course that targets specific areas you think are most relevant for your employees.
- Monitoring of user metrics – The DQM Training platform allows management within organisations to monitor the progress of their users, and to set bespoke programs and standards that they wish to achieve within their organisation. Leader boards can be viewed along with detailed analysis of individual user progress to allow for the assessing of areas which they are struggling in or excelling.
- Community – The community features mean users can interact with other users to help gain valuable knowledge from each other and ask questions and receive feedback while progressing through the platform.
- Certification – DQM Training provides users who have completed a course, a certification of completion. Help enable your employees to gain skills and assist with their future development.
- White Label – DQ Rule Books developers can work with your organisation to rebrand DQM Training with your logos if preferred or needed for more internal training programs.