The Reference Data module looks at the use of the relatively static internal and external data used throughout an organisation in lookup tables, mapping tables and drop-down lists.
The module also explains the difference between reference data and master data along with giving industry relevant examples.
Learn what reference data is. Learn why reference data is created. Understand the difference between reference data and master data. Understand some of the issues of reference data.
Who is Suitable?
Knowledge of Master Data would be advantageous but not necessarily mandatory. As this is a data architecture & IT module the content is especially useful for data architects but would also be a useful for a wide spectrum of data roles; including but not exclusive to data owners, data stewards, data modellers, data analysts and data lineage analysts.
- What are lookup tables?
- What is reference data?
- Why is reference data needed?
- How will a business use reference data?
- How can a poorly designed process using reference data have a negative impact on a business?
- Who is responsible for the maintenance of reference data?
- Is there a difference between data quality domains and reference data?
- Could you explain Master, Reference, External and Internal Data?
- Could you explain the role of reference and master data owners versus data owners?
An Interactive Presentation
10+ Interactive Questions
3 Final Practice Tests – 30 questions over 30 minutes
Final Examination – 60 questions over 30 minutes